Sunday, July 11, 2010


It has been a long couple of weeks, I last rode almost two weeks ago, since then I have been heavily wrapped up in the 4th of July concert at the Washington Monument for the National Park Service. While doing that, I managed to bruise/fracture (hard to say which since I never went to the doctor) my ribs. As a result, despite some nice (and not so nice) weather since then, I haven't been out at all. But today that all changed, it would have been yesterday but it was rainy and as much as I enjoy riding the bike, I don't really enjoy riding in the rain. At any rate, I went out today to see how my ribs would handle the ride, and for the most part it was fine, although climbing out of the saddle hurt. I rode around the inner harbor, then out into the Catonsville/Glen Burnie area. It was a bit hot, but all in all a nice ride. Here is the road going out into Glen Burnie, relatively quiet and totally exposed.
This is the same river I took a picture of in January, quite a change since then, today I passed it going the other direction from that time, but still very scenic.
A little further on headed back towards home I caught this view from Brooklyn of the working part of the harbor, the cruise ship was in today.
I followed another portion of the Gwynns Falls Trail from Brooklyn over towards downtown, and I am happy to report that it is just as poorly marked there as it is elsewhere. After losing it for a while I managed to re-acquire it, and right where I picked it up again there was a gas station with a mini-market, so I stopped for a soda break.
Then it was on down the trail towards the Inner Harbor. Right as I got into Federal Hill I managed to get a flat, stupid piece of glass, so I spent some quality time on the side of the road changing tubes. By the way, that is my new Louis Garneau jersey, very comfy on these hot days.
After successfully getting my tube swapped and re-inflating it, I continued on towards the homestead. As I went along Light Street there was a World Cup party of some sort going on, they had all sorts of inflatable kids stuff including this groovy soccer field.
As well as a big screen for the game and lots of other stuff, I have no idea what it was all about, but it looked like fun.
Then it was back to the house to clean up, and go to the bike shop looking for a Look Pedal tool to disassemble my pedal and grease it. Unfortunately I haven't had any luck on that front, but I remain hopeful that I can locate one.

No comments:

Post a Comment