Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday on the Surface of the Sun

Today was hot, Africa hot, Tarzan couldn't take this kind of heat. So true to my word (and against my instincts) I got up at 7:00AM to go for a ride. It was already 85 when I left, and we were on our way to 100 (a record) and a heat index of about 110 degrees for the day. I rode around the Inner Harbor to get a feel for how it was going to be, and then rode up Charles Street towards Hopkins. This is the Washington Monument in the middle of Charles Street.
The smaller statue in the foreground is La Fayette. Then I continued up towards Johns Hopkins, and spotted this statue right in front of the campus. I have no idea what it is for, but it makes for a nice little park on the side of a pretty major street.
Then I cut across town to Lake Montebello and did a partial lap there, lots of people jogging (slowly) and walking (slowly) around the lake, but it was a beautiful day there.
After that it was back to the homestead for a shower, breakfast, a nap, then a run to the bike shop for a new saddle for the bike, the current one is just not cutting it. Not really suprising, as it is the stock one, so not the highest quality and design. We are supposed to go tomorrow and ride the bike course for the Irongirl Triathalon in Columbia, a full report on the new saddle should follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment