Saturday, July 23, 2011

Heat Wave

It has been hotter than the surface of the sun here this week, record highs every day and stifling humidity. Kathleen went to swim laps at the pool, so despite the weather I went out for a ride. I decided to take it easy, so the flattish ride out to Fort McHenry and back fit the bill. On my way back I got this shot of the other side of the Inner Harbor from the bridge by the fort, I was hoping it would show the heat, it was 102 degrees out by the Weather Channel widget on my phone.
A little further down Fort Avenue I passed this bar, I really liked the bright orange paint with the palm trees.
On my way back by Pier 6 I spotted this cone, the heat (and possibly a car or two) was just too much for it.
Then it was back to the house to shower, patch some tubes that have been piling up, and dinner. After dinner we watched Cadel Evans storm the individual time trial in Stage 20 of the Tour De France to win the race, just tomorrows stage into Paris (which is not contested for the overall classification) to go. He went from 57 seconds behind the leader to 1:30 ahead in 44K, very impressive ride for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment