Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Catch up

Been a busy couple of weeks, but I did get out for a couple of rides. Last week Tuesday I went for a spin around the Inner Harbor. Gorgeous crisp morning, so I stopped in front of the Maryland Science Center and snapped a little panorama of the Inner Harbor in the morning sun.
Then some more noodling around before passing by the Occupy Baltimore encampment at Light & Pratt Streets as the morning sun rose over it.
Next stop was the Fire House at Eastern & Collington (down the street from us) to exercise my civic duty and vote in the Baltimore City elections. After that it was back to the house and off to work. Busy week, we did sound for Fight Night in Washington DC. It's a great event, an old school Guys Night out smoker, and the only event in DC that has cigar smoking indoors as part of the event (some sort of grandfathering in an exemption with the city, and the fact that the charity that benefits from the event puts lots of money and resources into the the DC schools). Here is a shot of the room just before doors open, the gals in evening gowns are the table hostesses (sourced from a local modeling agency) there are 2 to a table and they take care of drinks service and cigar cutting lighting, etc.
It's a great event, we had the Commodores this year, as well as a boys choir from a local school that Fight for Children has helped, and they auctioned off a custom chopper, as well as several high end vacations from the ring. After the hoopla there are 3 bouts to end the evening. It's an interesting event, and Maryland Sound has been doing it since pretty much the beginning, this was my 6th time handling it personally. After that I had several more events over the weekend before going right back into the grind this week.

Today however, I did get out for a ride and commuted to work for the first time since the daylight savings ended. It was a nice ride in, about 60 degrees but overcast. Fall is winding down here, more leaves on the Gwynns Falls Trail by the shop than there are on trees.
Busy day at work, lots of shows coming up this week as well, including my first Christmas show of the season. Then 6PM rolled around and it was time to test out my new headlight which looks just like this.

I've had the blinkie rear light since I started riding again, but with the darkness the headlight was absolutely necessary. On the way home I started on the closed part of Wetheredsville Road by the shop, where I discovered that I could absolutely go faster on the trail than I could see ahead, very creepy. So I opted to take surface streets for the most part home, even so, it was dark out, here is the Stieff Silver sign where I cut down to Falls Road.
But I made it home without too much excitement, and had a great dinner with Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment