Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday on the West Side

Another gorgeous Fall type day today, and Kathleen was still out in Santa Fe visiting her dad, so I went out for a ride on the West Side. I rode through the Inner Harbor, then out to Carroll Park. It's football season here in Baltimore, the Ravens are on Monday Night football to open the season. At Carroll Park there were adult leagues of 20 somethings, I am assuming flag football of some sort, since it is co-ed.
On the next field over it was teens (I think) doing full contact.
Just after that is the start of the Gwynns Falls Trail proper it is really nice the way it goes through mostly green spaces from here to my work.
I rode out the Gwynns Falls Trail to where Frederick Road crosses it, then out Frederick road to the West. There is actually a bike path all the way out Frederick Road to the Beltway (for the most part), but sometimes it got really narrow.
I ended up riding way the hell out to Rolling Road, then looping back through Woodlawn and coming in via Gwynn Oak road. I passed all of the churches and groovy houses from last weekend, and came down Gwynns Falls Pkwy. I got off in a new neighborhood (to me) and spotted this old school bridge over the road right on the edge of the neighborhood.
On my back in towards downtown I spotted yet another church, the tree kind of ruins the view.
Then back to Fells Point and home. I stopped to pick up my traditional victory soda at the little market on Pratt Street, and when I cam out this group was working the doorbells in the neighborhood.
The Democratic Primary is in a week or so, and they were knocking on doors for Bill Ferguson, who I met a couple of weeks ago on a ride. Then it was back to the house, a shower, then washing both bikes, and the car before heading out to pick up Kathleen at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment