Sunday, May 30, 2010

McVet 10K

Kathleen ran in the McVet 10K today, which benefits a local homeless shelter/rehabilitation program for Veterans. I got new tires for the bike, and shoes for me, so I took both out for a test run. Here is Kathleen just after the start.
Here a little further down Key Highway.
This is the turnaround at Ft McHenry (Still closed to bicycles, and today the uptight looking ranger in this picture giving me the evil eye as I rolled up).
This is coming back the other way from Ft McHenry, they had closed down the street so I had it pretty much to myself.
Off in the distance is the Carnival Pride, the Baltimore cruise ship dock is over there, it is always a little startling to come out of the tunnel and where most times is empty space, a large white hotel has been inserted.
This is back on Key Highway, about a mile before the finish.
Here is the finish, apparently the guy she is passing had been marking her, he would run by, then start walking, then when she caught up to him again, he would run again and pass her. She decided that she wasn't going to let him beat her to the line.
The funniest part of the day however was this, this guy seemed to be running the whole race while juggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment