Monday, May 27, 2013

The Big Flake Out

I have not been sleeping well lately, there has been some political bullshit at work that has made it hard for me to get a good night's sleep.  Last night, unfortunately, was one of those nights.   So I ended up flaking out on the ride to try and get more sleep.  Kathleen went and had a genuine Pro Tour experience, she said the fast group was about 50 people and they were flying, she averaged 19.7MPH for her whole 63 miles.  As somebody in the group said "It's nothing but butts and backs today".   I ended up sleeping off and on until about 11AM then went out for a shorter ride.

As promised here is a picture of a Vandevelde bar, Kathleen got the recepie from Bicycling Magazine, Christian Vandevelde is a pro rider for Garmin Sharp, and his wife whips these up for him for training rides in the off season.   They are quite delicious.


I washed it down with a coke from the biggest coke can I have ever personally wrapped my hand around.


Then I continued on my merry way, eventually coming to the tree that I spotted a few rides ago.   Here is what it looks like now, the little reddish buds became big reddish-purple leaves.


Then it was back to the house, I got home about 5 minutes before Kathleen did.

No comments:

Post a Comment