Monday, September 5, 2011

Rain Shortened Labor Day Ride

As things worked out, I ended up with the day off, so this afternoon Kathleen and I went out for a ride. We meandered around the city, starting by going down through the Inner Harbor. The grandstands from the race are still on the bike path, so we had to cut around on the promenade. As we noodled along, we passed a member of Baltimore Police Department patrolling the promenade on his bike, and enjoying his day.
We continued over past the stadiums to the west side, and spotted this major construction (destruction?) project.
A little further along, this mural, I feel like I may have shown this before.
Just after that, it was, bloop, bloop, bloop, and then pouring rain. We took shelter under a little awning on Baltimore Street, ans waited it out.
Mostly because I had the camera, my phone, and the garage door opener in the pockets on the back of my jersey and no way to keep them dry. Here is Kathleen while we waited.
Eventually the rain slowed to a drizzle, so off we went, only to be chased by another pounding rain to under a tree on the other side of downtown, but that passed too, and by the time we got home it was stopped, and now it has spent the rest of the day alternately pouring and then nothing.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you had gotten a picture of the cop. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete