Monday, August 15, 2011

Race Days Approach

Well, it has been a long time since my last post, fear not, I have been riding, but I have found that my commute is running out of things to see, so not a lot of pictures from it. Today however, I went out for a ride with no particular destination in mind. It poured all day yesterday and this morning, but there was a break in the weather this afternoon. I headed out downtown to see the oncoming race carnage, courtesy of the Baltimore Grand Prix on Labor Day Weekend. Bleachers on the Inner Harbor Promenade start it out.
And concrete canyons on Light Street.
More bleachers on top of the bike path alongside Light Street, not thrilled about this.
And a lovely vista looking up the canyon back towards downtown.
So after enough of that, I went out to Fort McHenry, and on my way back ran into Giselle who had just moved here from Chicago a week ago. She was in search of the BWI trail, which I mentioned was about 40 miles round trip from downtown which made it kind of dodgy given the weather and the time. It turns out she works at the Social Security Administration right near my work, so I offered to show her the way there by bike. Suddenly my aimless ride had purpose, and we shot the breeze and pedaled up the Gwynns Falls Trail towards the work. The rain made it tough sledding, in some places huge mud flows had covered the trail, and there were a couple of downed trees to contend with. Stupidly, I didn't even think to get some pictures. At any rate we had a pleasant ride up and back, and split up back at the inner harbor, and I headed for home for some bike washing and drivetrain maintenance on both bikes. A nice Sunday ride all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment