Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Evening

Well, today was the day of fluid plans. Our original plan was to get up early and go to the Farmers Market, then go out on the Twenty20 Sunday Morning Coffee Shop Ride, then a day of doing something, then Kathleen was running the 5K at Boordy vineyard this evening with some friends. Well 6AM rolled around and I begged off the going to the market part, we were going to ride bikes there, but just as Kathleen split, the skies opened up and it poured, so she drove. I went back to sleep to be awakened at 8:30 or so by Kathleen who had just walked back to the house (only a couple of miles) to tell me that her car was dead, and behaving weirdly as it went out. Thankfully by this time it had stopped raining, and seemed like it was going to be a pretty nice day.

So I got up and threw on some clothes, and we headed down in my car to check it out. We attempted to jump start the Mini, but it wouldn't start, and was behaving electrically weirdly. We did however retrieve the market purchases from the back while it was being powered by my car, and I took Kathleen back to the house so she could deal with that, and she got the roadside assistance paperwork for the Mini for me. I headed back to the market to call Mini and get the car towed to the dealer (in Owings Mills don't ya know) since it's under warranty, and electrical problems are the suckiest kind of repair. About 10:30 the tow truck showed up (so much for the Coffee Shop Ride), loaded up the lifeless hulk, and off it went to the dealer with me following in my car. Dumped the car at the dealer, filled out the drop box envelope and then headed for home.

We puttered around this afternoon while it poured down rain off and on until about the time that Kathleen headed out to her race (and wine tasting :) ) it stopped, the sun came out, and it got humid. I went and got a 5 Guys burger for dinner, then decided to get out for a spin around town. I rode down through the Inner Harbor to see how the concrete canyon scene was coming along. Here is the view down Conway Street from Light Street.
And then down West Lee Street where they pass between the stadiums.
This is the grandstands at Paca Street and Camden Street.
And the view up Pratt from Paca.
But that was enough of that, so I wandered across Martin Luther King Boulevard into the West Side to see what was going on. I spotted this church over there, I think this is a new one to me, but who knows.
I ended up over at Carroll Park, just as the sun was starting to go down behind the clouds.
As I was rolling through the park I spotted an impromptu car show. It seemed to be mostly donks.
I turned around and headed for home, back by the stadiums I saw this train passing.
So I scooted over the overpass on Ostend Street, and because it was going through several switches, I saw it again from overhead.
Then it was back to the house for a shower and the Vuelta.

No comments:

Post a Comment