Tuesday, April 19, 2011

First Commute of Spring

Today was supposed to be a relatively nice day, and I didn't have to do anything out of the office, so I rode into work. I took the usual route through town, and enjoyed some bike & bus only lane on Lombard Street through downtown.
Love passing the cars stuck in traffic :) A little further up Lombard I spotted yet another of Baltimore's parks, I like the little parks and squares all over town.
But then it was off for another busy day at work. About 4PM I was regretting my decision to ride in, the weather guys changed the forecast on me overnight, and it was pouring out. Luckily about 5PM it stopped, so at 6 I mounted up and headed for home. The rain had the Gwynns Falls running pretty hard alongside the bike path.
And in some places the Gwynns Falls Trail was underwater.
But all in all, not too unpleasant a ride. When I got down by Camden Yards I spotted this conglomeration of transit. Train tracks, light rail, pedestrian bridges and freeways all come together right here.
It was pretty hopping down here, it's baseball season and the Orioles were having a home game tonight so lots of people around. Then I headed for home for a quick jump through the shower and dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment