Sunday, November 11, 2012

Nigel Tufnel Day

Today is 11/11 which means that it's Nigel Tufnel Day.   Who you say?  Here is a reminder.


At any rate, Kathleen and I went out for a quick ride this afternoon, after a a couple of weeks of very traditional fall weather, today was in the mid 60s, it would have been criminal not to get out.  We rode up to Druid Lake Park, here's Kathleen following me up the switchbacks from Falls Road.  I thought that Sandy would ruin the fall colors, but they are still going on.


Once we got up to the park it was a quick loop around the lake, here's downtown from the bike path around the lake.


But then it was time to split, we were supposed to go to a baby party thing with Kathleen's running and wine drinking friends.   I bombed the downhill, all the stars lined up just right for the run, netting me the second best time ever down the segment (see the map, it's called down the switchbacks).   I waited for Kathleen to come down, here she is coming down the hill.


On our way back to the house, I spotted this arrangement around the corner from us, not very often a big crane is in the neighborhood.


Since the weather was so nice I got to wear the groovy bamboo cloth jersey Kathleen got me for our anniversary a couple of weeks ago.


We got cleaned up and headed over to the party.   The idea was that it wasn't going to be a traditional baby shower, and instead spouses/significant others were going to be there.   However, upon arrival it seemed that most SO's had decided to skip out.   So I met Kathleen's friends confirming my existence, the headed home to ride over to Federal Hill on the city bike for cat food.   On the way back I stopped to get this picture.


Then a quick stop at the BOP for a couple of slices of pizza and a soda before heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment