Saturday, April 7, 2012

Change of Plans

Today the plan was to ride the group ride with the Baltimore Area Triathalon Club, then I was going to ride home while Kathleen went out for a 10 mile run after the ride. We made it to the park on time, and headed out. About 4 miles into the ride I dropped a water bottle, which then a SUV ran over, and that about did it for me. It has been a rough couple of weeks and that was the straw that broke the camels back for the day. I went back and picked up my bottle's remains, then caught up with the two guys doing the sweep to let them know I was ditching them, and so they could let Kathleen know when they caught up with her. Then I headed out on my way to do a more free form ride and have some time to myself.  But just before the bottle incident I caught the group on the road.
I ended up on Dogwood Road which eventually goes down by the shop, but out in the sticks it's much more rural.   Riding along I spotted these flowers, thought that they looked nice against the creek backdrop.
A little further along were these trees doing their spring thing, I like the contrast with the bare and budding trees.
I ended up looping around to the Gwynns Falls trail and headed for home.   In the end it worked out great, unfortunately Kathleen took a lot of ribbing from the club members for ditching her husband, I just want to set the record straight that I ditched them.  Nothing personal, I just needed some time alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment