Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Morning Snowy Bike Ride

Well, as you may have heard, we have been getting a bit of snow here. After several days of cross-training with the snow shovel, and riding on the trainer in the garage in between storms, I could take no more, and decided to go out on my mountain bike this morning for a ride. When I left the garage, this is what greeted me. This is the alley behind my garage, I have shoveled this out twice since last Friday


After successfully navigating my way out to the streets, I headed over to Patterson Park, where my usual bike path looked like this, the city had plowed it out so cars can park there during the snow emergency.


But it was nice to get out, the playing field is about 3' deep with snow right now.
Of course, the last part of my ride was getting back to the garage, and I managed to take a header on the ice on the alley, but just a couple of bruises to remind me not to go slow on ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment