Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hot

A day off (finally) today, and I stupidly chose to get out for a ride at 2:00PM in the 95 degree heat.   It was a beautiful day, almost cloudless, and you could feel the heat radiating up from the pavement.  It reminded me of this.
But I soldiered on (pardon the pun).  I ended up riding through the Clifton Park Golf Course, where these guys were enjoying an impromptu rain shower on the green.
I continued on up to Lake Montebello, did a half a lap before cutting over to Herring Run Park in search of shade. The bike trail there is pretty shady, it was quite a relief from the direct sun.
Coming out the other side, I took the long way around to avoid the hill climbing back up Sinclair Avenue, which is a bit of a fools errand, as there is no flat in Baltimore. But I wound around and eventually made it home for a cold shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment