Sunday, May 3, 2015

New Beginnings

Well, it's been a long time since I was on the bike.  Going by this blog, it's been 5 months since my last ride of any sort.   It's been a busy fall/winter/early spring, separating from Kathleen (it's actually been for the better in the long run), the selling of the our old house, and buying a new one for myself, and all of the related stuff that goes with that, plus I had surgery again at the end of December to remove the hardware in finger.  But today was a beautiful day, so I got myself out on the city bike and rode down to the Red Star in Fells Point for breakfast.  It was delicious as always, and I was inspired to ride over to Race Pace in Federal Hill to get a second pannier for the city bike so I can start doing my shopping on the bike again.   So off I went, around the inner harbor to the bike shop to do the do.

On my way back I shot some pictures of life in Baltimore right now.   The Baltimore Beach was rocking, lots of folks out playing volleyball.


Then it was back through the Inner Harbor, this is not our normal obviously, but there is a big police presence in this area still right now, not to mention the National Guard troops that have been here since last Monday night.





But despite that weirdness, life is back in full swing here, the recreational sports leagues are in action, I believe this season it's touch football going on.



Then it was back to the house to get organized for the rest of the day.  Now that it's warming up, I am planning on getting back out on the bike more often, so this shouldn't be so dormant from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment