Saturday, March 8, 2014

A couple of rides

After another couple of weeks of snow and cold temps, it was 60 degrees today.   So after sleeping in (while Kathleen went to a trainer ride :) ) and going to breakfast, I got the bike down to get it ready to go out.  In the process I mangled the presta valve on the front wheel, so it was off to Race Pace on the Linus to get a new one (and a couple of CO2 cartridges).  The shop was crazy busy, nothing like a nice Saturday after months of cold to bring people in :).  The nice weather brought out lots of people in general, the Inner Harbor was packed, and Baltimore Beach was open for the first time in a while.


Back to the house, fixed the valve, and got changed, and did essentially the same ride at a faster pace on the road bike.  Going out Eastern Avenue I noticed this mural, this is like 3 blocks from my house, and I have never noticed it, so it must be new.


To the left is Tochterman Fishing Tackle, I am assuming they had this done.   On the other side of the harbor, I came across this bike on Fort Avenue, caught my eye from across the street, so I turned around a got a picture.   So much pink fake fur goodness here.


Then it was out to Fort McHenry, a quick lap around the parking lot then back out Fort Avenue.  Crossing the bridge over the rail, I noticed that a cruise ship was in, and the combination of the late afternoon sun, the rows of tanker cars in the yard and the ship in the distance really spoke to me.


Pedalling back to the house, I caught another sure sign of nicer weather, Firefighters hanging out in front of the firehouse at Eastern & Collington.


No comments:

Post a Comment