Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Coffee Shop Ride

After having to work seemingly every weekend lately, I finally got one off, and decided to ride up to Hampden for Twenty20's Coffee Shop Ride.   It's my kind of group ride, not fast, lots of conversation, mostly about the Olympic Mens Road Race yesterday.  While I was waiting for the group and leader to arrive I was serenaded by one of the Hampden locals with his acoustic rendition of Bad Company.
 But Norman turned up to save me from another song, and off we went.   We met up with another gal who I have done this ride with before at the bottom of the switchbacks and had a great ride around the Druid Lake/Hopkins area.
 After the ride I headed for home, but decided to swing through the Inner Harbor, as Otakon is still going on, and I was hoping for more interesting costume watching.   I wasn't disappointed.



Then it was back to the house for a shower and some food, before settling in to watch the Olympic Womens Road Race which happened this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment