Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lost

After 3 days of flaking out, I went out for a ride this morning. Today also marked the first time I have worn my insulated jersey and full finger gloves this fall, the cold weather is approaching. My original plan was to ride over to Herring Run Park, and follow it to Lake Montebello. Somehow it all went wrong though. I managed to make it to Herring Run, and found the bike path there.
It winds along next to the creek and through some very nice ball fields.
But then when I got to the end of the trail, I somehow failed to go the right way to get to Lake Montebello, and instead wound my way uptown further, before realizing that I needed to turn back towards home to get on with my day. I eventually found my way back to the house. The other big mistake today was realizing 2 miles into the ride that I had not brought a water bottle. That became a bigger bummer the farther I went. Oh well, live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment